Brett W. Berry
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2018-2020
- Top Advisor Rankings by StateBarron's, 2019, 2020
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
Brett W. Berry
- Wealth Management Experience Since 1988Brett W. Berry is a Senior Managing Director and Wealth Manager at First Republic Investment Management, which he joined in 2006. Mr. Berry provides tailored wealth strategies and cohesive implementation to a select group of individuals, families and institutions throughout the United States. He is keenly attuned to the opportunities and challenges inherent in preserving and transferring substantial wealth. As an investment manager, he specializes in providing creative, thoughtful, tax-sensitive investment solutions with special attention given to risk mitigation. He also has extensive experience in concentrated wealth solutions. As a financial advisor, Mr. Berry is skilled at identifying and prioritizing planning issues and plays a key role, with the firm’s financial planning professionals, in coordinating the delivery of holistic advice to clients in collaboration with their attorneys, accountants and family office personnel. Before joining First Republic, he was a Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager for U.S. Trust Company. Previously, he was a Senior Vice President at Bailard, Biehl and Kaiser. He also has held analyst positions with Hughes Investment Management Company and Wilshire Associates.
- Community InvolvementMr. Berry is a member of the CFA Society of San Francisco.
- Professional DesignationHe is a CFA® charterholder.
- EducationMr. Berry received his Bachelor of Arts from California State University, Long Beach, and his MBA from the University of Southern California. He also has taken extracurricular course work in the field of behavioral finance.