- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2021-2022
- Top Next-Gen Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisors Best-in-StateForbes, 2022
The ranking of Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, mostly gained through telephone and in-person interviews, and quantitative data.
The ranking of Forbes Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisors considers advisors under 40 years old with a minimum four years' relevant experience. Advisors have built their own practices and lead their teams; joined teams and are viewed as future leadership; or a combination of both. Ranking algorithm is based on qualitative measures, such as: telephone and in-person interviews, client retention, industry experience, credentials, review of compliance records and firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, such as: assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Investment performance is not a criterion because client objectives and risk tolerances vary, and advisors rarely have audited performance reports.
- Wealth Management Experience Since 2013Christopher Walters is a Managing Director and Wealth Manager with First Republic Investment Management. Mr. Walters has over 10 years of investment experience through various market environments. Prior to joining First Republic in 2022, Mr. Walters was an Executive Director and Wealth Partner with J.P. Morgan Wealth Management. Mr. Walters develops personalized strategies to address the complex needs of families with substantial wealth. His approach, which serves many founders, corporate executives and entrepreneurs, is holistic in nature, addressing many of the needs and questions that arise around liquidity events and planning for the next generation.
- Community InvolvementActive in his local community, Mr. Walters is a member of the Noroton Presbyterian Church and is a supporter of nature-related education programs at various nonprofits, including the Darien Nature Center.
- Professional DesignationMr. Walters has been recognized by Forbes as a leading financial advisor. Mr. Walters holds the professional designation of Accredited Investment Fiduciary®.
- EducationMr. Walters earned his MBA at Columbia Business School and a bachelor of science degree in finance and accounting from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia.