- Barron’s Hall of Fame AdvisorBarron's, 2019, 2021
- Top 50 Private Wealth Management TeamsBarron's, 2019–2021
- Top 100 Financial AdvisorsBarron's, 2019–2021
- Top Independent AdvisorsBarron's, 2017–2021
- Top Women Financial AdvisorsBarron's, 2010–2021
- Top Advisor Rankings by StateBarron's, 2010–2021
- America’s Top Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2017
- Top Women Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2017, 2020
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2020
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
- Wealth Management Experience Since 1996Dagny Maidman is a Senior Managing Director Wealth Manager of The Maidman Group at First Republic Investment Management. A lawyer by training, she practiced as a corporate litigator before transitioning to the financial field in 1996. Ms. Maidman began her financial advisory career at Montgomery Securities and continued her practice at Lehman Brothers and Credit Suisse before joining First Republic in 2015. She has over 22 years of experience partnering with clients to grow and preserve their wealth. She specializes in providing creative, thoughtful, tax-sensitive investment solutions built around the needs of her clients. Identifying and prioritizing planning issues to optimize for after-tax, multigenerational returns, is one of her strengths. She plays a key role in coordinating the delivery of holistic advice to clients in collaboration with their attorneys, accountants, and family office personnel. In portfolio construction, she is acutely sensitive to weeding out uncompensated risk and employs dynamic hedging strategies to manage concentrated risk. She also uses equity options in client portfolios to exploit volatility, generate income and reduce risk. She created a hybrid equity and options asset management strategy — used in some, but not all portfolios — the Contingent Equity Options Strategy (CEOS) now has over $500m in AUM and 5+ year track record. Ms. Maidman serves on the investment committee for Hebron Academy, her high school alma mater.
- EducationMs. Maidman earned her bachelor’s degree cum laude from Williams College and her J.D. from Yale Law School.