Glenn S. Degenaars
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2016-2022
- Top Advisor Rankings by StateBarron's, 2016-2022
- Top Independent AdvisorsForbes, 2016-2022
- America’s Top Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2016-2022
- Top 100 Private Wealth Management TeamsBarron's, 2022
- Best-in-State Wealth Management TeamsForbes, 2023
The ranking of Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, mostly gained through telephone and in-person interviews, and quantitative data.
The Barron's Top Advisors by State ranking is based on data provided by over 4,000 of the nation's advisors. Factors included in the rankings: assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice and philanthropic work. Data used for the Barron's rankings is provided by the surveyed Investment Advisors. Advisors who did not participate in the survey are not ranked.
The Barron's Top 100 Independent Advisors ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms and the quality of the advisors' practices. This ranking does not predict or rate any client's investment outcomes, nor does it predict any potential investment outcomes. Data used for the Barron's rankings is provided by the surveyed Investment Advisors. Advisors who did not participate in the survey are not ranked.
The Forbes Top 250 Wealth Advisors ranking is based on the opinions of SHOOK Research, LLC. Advisors are ranked on quality of practice, including client retention, industry experience, assets under management, revenue generated for their firms and other quantitative criteria. Investment performance is not a criteria. SHOOK Research, LLC, does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking.
The Barron's 2022 Top 100 Private Wealth Management Team ranking reflects a variety of team factors, including their size and shape, their regulatory records and credentials of their members, and the resources they have at their disposal to serve their client bases. This ranking does not predict or rate any client's investment outcomes, nor does it predict any potential investment outcomes. Data used for the Barron's rankings is provided by the surveyed Investment Advisors. Advisors who did not participate in the survey are not ranked.
Data provided by SHOOK® Research, LLC – America's Top Wealth Management Teams ranking was developed by SHOOK Research and is based on in-person, virtual and telephone due diligence meetings and a ranking algorithm that includes: a measure of best practices, client retention, industry experience, review of compliance records, firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, including assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Investment performance is not a criterion because client objectives and risk tolerance vary, and advisors rarely have audited performance reports. Neither SHOOK nor Forbes receive compensation in exchange for its Top Wealth Management Teams placements or rankings, which are determined independently (see methodology above). Participation in this directory is limited to ranked teams and advisors; once placed on a ranking, teams or advisors may choose to pay fees to Forbes and Shook for premium listing features as indicated by highlighted names. SHOOK's research and rankings provide opinions intended to help investors choose the right financial advisor or team and not indicative of future performance or representative of any one client's experience. Investors must carefully choose the right advisor or team for their own situation and perform their own due diligence. Past performance is not an indication of future results. For more information, please see www.SHOOKresearch.com. SHOOK is a registered trademark of SHOOK Research, LLC.
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
Glenn S. Degenaars
- Wealth Management Experience: Since 1997Glenn Degenaars is a Wealth Manager at First Republic Investment Management and the Regional Managing Director of Private Wealth Management for the New York region. Mr. Degenaars joined First Republic in August of 2010. In his role, he specializes in the design and management of equity and balanced portfolios for ultra high net worth individuals, trusts, endowments and foundations. Mr. Degenaars also serves a member of First Republic’s Alternative Investments Committee. Prior to First Republic, Mr. Degenaars was a Managing Director and Senior Investment Advisor at Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management where he was responsible for managing $1.3 billion of private client assets, which included many of the largest and most complex family relationships. In addition to his investment management responsibilities, Mr. Degenaars was also a member of Deutsche Bank's Investment Advisory and Trust Investment Committees. Prior to joining Deutsche Bank, Mr. Degenaars was a financial analyst with a focus on pension plan management at Viacom and Merck and Company.
- Community InvolvementActive in the community, Mr. Degenaars currently sits on the Greenwich Historical Society Professional Advisory Council. Mr. Degenaars is also a member of the New York Society of Security Analysts and the CFA Institute.
- Professional DesignationHe is a Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder.
- EducationMr. Degenaars earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance with a minor in Economics from the University of Delaware. In 2016, Mr. Degenaars completed the executive educational program at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.