Glenn S. Degenaars
- Top Independent AdvisorsBarron's, 2016-2022
- Top Advisor Rankings by StateBarron's, 2016-2022
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2016-2022
- America’s Top Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2016-2022
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
Glenn S. Degenaars
- Wealth Management Experience Since 1997Glenn Degenaars is a Wealth Manager at First Republic Investment Management and the Regional Managing Director of Private Wealth Management for the New York region. Mr. Degenaars joined First Republic in August of 2010. In his role he specializes in the design and management of equity and balanced portfolios for ultra high net worth individuals, trusts, endowments and foundations. Mr. Degenaars also serves a member of First Republic’s Alternative Investments Committee. Prior to First Republic, Mr. Degenaars was a Managing Director and Senior Investment Advisor at Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management where he was responsible for managing $1.3 billion of private client assets, which included many of the largest and most complex family relationships. In addition to his investment management responsibilities, Mr. Degenaars was also a member of Deutsche Bank's Investment Advisory and Trust Investment Committees. Prior to joining Deutsche Bank, Mr. Degenaars was a financial analyst with a focus on pension plan management at Viacom and Merck and Company.
- Community InvolvementActive in the community, Mr. Degenaars currently sits on the Greenwich Historical Society Professional Advisory Council. Mr. Degenaars is also a member of the New York Society of Security Analysts and the CFA Institute.
- Professional DesignationHe is a Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder.
- EducationMr. Degenaars earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance with a minor in Economics from the University of Delaware. In 2016, Mr. Degenaars completed the executive educational program at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.