- Top Women Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2018-2019, 2020-2021
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2018-2019, 2020-2021
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
- Wealth Management Experience Since 1996Kristin Nicholson is a Senior Managing Director at First Republic Investment Management. Ms. Nicholson has more than two decades of experience in the investment industry where she focuses on helping her clients with their investment and wealth planning needs. She previously worked as a Portfolio Manager at Bay Isle Financial, which was acquired by First Republic in 2004. Before Bay Isle, Ms. Nicholson spent five years with a Marin-based investment firm as an equity analyst. She also worked in the research department of the largest brokerage firm in the Czech Republic, ultimately heading the firm's research efforts in Poland. Her investment career began as part of the MBA Enterprise Corps, a non-profit providing management support to local firms in emerging markets.
- Community InvolvementMs. Nicholson is a board member of SHE CAN Global, a non-profit organization that helps young women from post-conflict countries attend U.S. universities. She mentors a woman from Cambodia and a woman from Liberia as part of her work with SHE CAN.
- Professional DesignationMs. Nicholson is a CFA® charterholder and also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. She is also a member of the San Francisco Analysts Society.
- EducationMs. Nicholson completed her undergraduate education at Indiana University and she received an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley.