- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2021-2022
- Top Next-Gen Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2022
The ranking of Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, mostly gained through telephone and in-person interviews, and quantitative data.
The ranking of Forbes Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisors considers advisors under 40 years old with a minimum four years' relevant experience. Advisors have built their own practices and lead their teams; joined teams and are viewed as future leadership; or a combination of both. Ranking algorithm is based on qualitative measures, such as: telephone and in-person interviews, client retention, industry experience, credentials, review of compliance records and firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, such as: assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Investment performance is not a criterion because client objectives and risk tolerances vary, and advisors rarely have audited performance reports.
- Wealth Management Experience Since 2013Marc Koch is a Managing Director and Wealth Manager with First Republic Investment Management. Mr. Koch has over 10 years of investment experience through various market environments. Prior to joining First Republic in 2022, Mr. Koch was an Executive Director and Wealth Partner with J.P. Morgan Wealth Management. Mr. Koch develops custom strategies to address the complex needs of families with substantial wealth. His approach, which serves many founders, corporate executives and entrepreneurs, is holistic in nature, addressing many of the needs and questions that arise around liquidity events and planning for the next generation.
- Community InvolvementMr. Koch lives on Upper East Side with his wife and their son. He is a member and supporter of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. He also enjoys fishing, skiing and golfing. Mr. Koch is originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, area and is an avid supporter of all its local sports teams.
- Professional DesignationMr. Koch also holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) designation from the College for Financial Planning.
- EducationMr. Koch earned his bachelor of arts degree in international business from Vanderbilt University, and he is a member of the Vanderbilt Alumni Oak Leaf Society. He earned an MBA at the Carroll School of Management, Boston College, with a specialization in asset management.