Shaun Van Vliet
- Best-In-State Wealth AdvisorsForbes, 2019-2022
- Top Advisor Rankings by StateBarron's, 2019, 2021
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Neither First Republic Investment Management nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. For additional information on these ratings, click here.
Shaun Van Vliet
- Wealth Management Experience Since 1993Shaun Van Vliet is a Senior partner in a team of Wealth Managers at First Republic Investment Management. Mr. Van Vliet joined First Republic in 2017 after more than 20 years at Merrill Lynch where he co-founded his team. Mr. Van Vliet and his partners have built a unique team infrastructure of financial planners, portfolio managers, investment specialists and client service associates that provides clients the best of both worlds: the intimacy and personal touch of a small, specialized financial planning boutique, along with the vast resources of a large private bank like First Republic. Collectively, the team advises a group of clients that have entrusted them with over $2 billion in assets.* In his current role, Mr. Van Vliet provides clients with comprehensive financial planning, including portfolio management, tax minimization strategies, retirement analysis, trust and estate planning, as well as specializing in managing concentrated stock positions. His clients are high-net-worth families, entrepreneurs and their businesses as well as senior corporate executives.
- Professional DesignationHe is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
- EducationMr. Van Vliet graduated from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business and was also a standout baseball player. Has 29 years of Wealth Management Experience.